GLUETEX Hotmelt adhesive tapes combine a variety of textile types, especially for textile sun protection systems and textile media. By processing on modern ultrasound, hot air and high frequency installations arise high-strength bondings for outdoor use. Thus, even tissues that normally are not welded, can be processed.
Advantages in comparison to sewing:
- Increased strength by surface bonding
- Water-tight seams, as made no pinholes
- No penetration of dirt into the seam, because the edges are sealed
- Reduced seam high due to pressurised bonding process
- Proven resistance against aging by using UV stable adhesives
- Nicer optics
The reinforced multilayer tapes from GLUETEX reducing additionally the elongation of the textiles and thereby prevent the wave formation in the edge area.
Their use is particularly recommended for extensive awnings or awnings for winter garden shadings with motorized awning tensioning system.